A lot of people think playing video games is a waste of time. Video games can actually boost your brain power. Here's how it works and the benefits.
[UPDATED] Tons Of New Halo 5 Details Revealed Today
Today, Gameinformer has revealed their cover for the magazine’s July issue, and it is none other than Halo 5: Guardians. With this comes a truckload of more details about the upcoming game. There is so much to talk about, so let’s get right to the good stuff!
- In the story, the Master Chief will be joined by Blue Team in an AWOL mission, while Agent Locke will be with Fireteam Osiris on a mission to “bring in the Master Chief or take him down”. The story is also said to have choices that can be made throughout the game. This will have a heavy emphasis in Locke’s side of the story.
- The Blue Team squad joining the Master Chief (A.K.A. John) in his story; Linda, Fred, and Kelly, These soldiers are actually friends of John dating all the way back to when they were all kids abducted and trained into the Spartan program. These characters will help John/the player out by taking commands in the single-player campaign, as well as Agent Locke with Fireteam Osiris.
- The game will feature four-player cooperative play for the campaign mode. You will play as one of the various squadmates within the game’s story (instead of four Master Chiefs or Arbiters… haven’t seen that since Halo 3) and each character will have a unique loadout that fits the characters specialties.
- The campaign will be online-only with friends, meaning there will be no split-screen mode for the campaign.
However, you do not need an Xbox Live Gold subscription to play online with friends!
- There will be 20 multiplayer maps available when the game launches, and 15 extra maps releasing after the game launches. Best part: Those extra maps will be free! 343 says this is to help “unite the player base.”
- My personal favorite tidbit of information: Nathan Fillion will reprise his role as Edward Buck from Halo 3: ODST. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Halo 3: ODST came to the Master Chief Collection?
- There will be a new game mode for multiplayer. More details will be shown soon (E3?).
- We even got a nice little video from Gameinformer talking about the new game!
This is just a taste of what to expect when the game releases on October 27th for Xbox One. For me, this just hit the top of my list for most hyped games next to Rock Band 4. We are sure to get more details on this and even more when Microsoft hits the E3 showfloor this Monday, so until next time, stay tuned for our extensive E3 coverage!
UPDATE: 343 has clarified a mistake made in explaining cooperative play. It has been confirmed that you will need an Xbox Live Gold account to play online. It still seems that couch cooperative play will still be gone as it becomes harder to process on one system. You can read the statement below.
“I need take a moment to make an important correction on something we miscommunicated in the story. I misspoke during the interview when stating that online co-op campaign would be supported with an Xbox Live Silver account. Co-op campaign will require Xbox Live Gold to play. I want to extend my sincere apologies to our fans, and to Game Informer, for this error and any confusion it has caused.”