Do you the world to see you play video games online? YouTube and other video sites make it possible! Here's how to set up a YouTube gaming channel.
Games To Look Forward To From Microsoft at E3 2014
E3 is one of the biggest gaming events of the year where companies come to showcase their tasty games coming out soon, and it’s less than a day away! Tomorrow everything kicks off with the Microsoft conference, and we thought we’d have a look at some of the games we’re excited about. Everyone’s going to have different things to be excited about so feel free to drop us a comment below. You can also check out Leviathyn’s Playstation predictions too while you’re waiting for the show.
1) Halo 5: Guardians – Halo 5 is going to be huge, and I realise I say this as a Halo fan, but the teaser trailer at last year’s E3 conference really started to gear fans up. Feelings seem to be a little mixed for Halo 4, but 343 Industries are promising an even better experience and another awesome installment in the Halo franchise. At the moment it’s exclusive to Xbox One, running on a new and more powerful engine and set to come out Fall 2011. Hopefully they’ll give us more details on the story and we’ll actually get to see some gameplay this year! (A girl can dream, right?)
2) Sunset Overdrive – Insomniac Games have said “This may be the game we’ve been gearing up to the past 20 years” and in case you managed to forget about this lovely title, announced at last year’s E3 conference, Insomniac have a new first look trailer for you, showcasing some of the free-running, monster killing action. Sunset Overdrive is a “high-velocity open-world shooter that delivers an arsenal of ridiculously over-the-top weapons, hyper-agility, and death-defying ass kicking” and, once again, exclusive to the Xbox One (another reason I really need to get one). My personal favourite weapon has to be the T.N.Teddy, a teddy bear strapped to sticks of dynamite. Who wouldn’t want that? It’s one I know I’m definitely looking forward to, and it’s set to come out Autumn 2014.
3) The potential new Gears Of War game – Microsoft bought the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games and handed the development over to Black Tusk Studios, so who knows what will happen with the franchise now? A completely new series? Epic boss encounters that leave you screaming in frustration, Dark Souls style? Or even a completely new cast? It would be nice to see something set way in the future to see how everything went after the Locust and what new creatures are lurking, and there’s plenty of time for Microsoft to make a Gears announcement (there’s quite a few unannounced titles from Microsoft during the course of E3!) Heck, just seeing some footage at all to see how Black Tusk are taking the franchise would be pretty awesome right now!
4) Far Cry 4 – Far Cry has to be one of my new favourite franchises, and the fourth one promises to be just as mad as the rest of the series. Set to come out in the first half of 2015, the game is set around the snowy mountain range of the Himalayas, and gives you the ability to ride elephants. Elephants!! The first public glimpse is set for E3 and will be part of the Ubisoft conference tomorrow as well as Tuesday.
5) Batman: Arkham Knight – The final installment in the Batman Arkham trilogy will be coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC in 2015 after being pushed back, but that can only mean it’ll be better, right? The latest Batman game promises the largest map to date and a driveable Batmobile (which conveniently doubles as a tank), and it’s purely a next-generation game as some technical limitations means it won’t run on a PS3 or Xbox 360 (sadly for me). Batman’s also been on the training rig this time, with a bunch of moves we’ve already seen in the trailers. Batman: Arkham Knight is confirmed to be shown on Wednesday, so here’s hoping we see a lot of new gameplay footage (since they’ve got this extra time to work on it).
6) Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – This one is particularly exciting, to Borderlands fans like me anyway. The prequel is meant to happen between the events of Borderlands 1 and 2 and revolves around a younger Handsome Jack. What makes this even more interesting is that it’s only meant to be coming out for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. You can find out the reason why it’s only last-gen here, but rest assured that it will be just as ass-kicking as the previous titles. The Prequel is set on Pandora’s moon Elpis and Hyperion’s giant H-shaped base which you can see from the planet’s surface, and you get jetpacks and new weapons. What more could an aspiring Vault Hunter want?
7) A possible Red Dead Redemption 2 – While a possibility is a long thing to wait for, there are quite a few games rumoured to be appearing at E3, including Red Dead Redemption 2. Back in 2012 Rockstar confirmed that it wasn’t finished with the Red Dead Redemption franchise, and it’s been hinted by analysts that the latest title could be announced before the end of 2014. What better place to do an exciting reveal than at E3?
And finally, we have the 19 unannounced titles that will be making an appearance over the next few days! Could it mean an exciting slew of new franchises, instead of rehashing the same things over and over again? New franchises like Sunset Overdrive, that take an existing genre and remake it into something exciting, can be just what Microsoft needs to make a big splash at its press conference.
You can rest assured that it’s going to be an exciting few days (and potentially expensive on your wallets in the future) and you can find the timetable for Twitch’s streaming here. We’ll be keeping you updated with all the news from E3 as it comes out, so make sure you’re checking back!