They challenge us, they inspire us, they make us want to set our consoles on fire. Without video game villains, Read more →
Microtransactions Coming To Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
Developer Popcap has announced that their newest game, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, will be adding micro-transactions very soon. Detailed in their blog, the company states that: “Starting next week, players will be given the option to purchase coins from the Sticker Shop, which allows players the ability to access new packs and character content more quickly – all the same content that can be earned through regular gameplay. Now you have the choice to play your way; you can play to get new packs and content via earned coins in the game, or you can purchase coins to get more of the packs and content you want right away.”
While the game did not launch with micro-transactions, the idea had never been ruled out. Earlier in the year Brian Lindley, the producer at Popcap said that they would “look at in-game metrics and player feedback to determine how best to move forward” when it came to Plants vs Zombies and micro-transactions.
While the game will boast micro-transactions now, it does offer free downloadable content.
Along with the micro-transaction announcement, Popcap also detailed new game features that will be arriving in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. These include:
– Cactus Canyon: a new Gardens & Graveyards map.
– 8 new playable character variations.
– Over 200 new customisation items.
– Zomboss Down sticker pack, featuring exclusive new character items and customisations.
– New plant reinforcements: Bamboo Shoot, Fire Peashooter and Ice Peashooter.
– Max character level increased from 20 to 30.
– 10 new achievements.
– Lots of fixes, improvements, tuning and balance changes.