Have you read the news lately? Then you know just how crazy people can be. Every day there’s another story Read more →
The Sims 4 Revealed At GamesCom, Plus Leaked Screens And Information
The Sims 4 has finally been officially revealed at GamesCom 2013, not long after a series of screens and information were leaked onto the Internet. The Sims 4 ‘Arrival’ trailer made an appearance, and in case you missed it you can watch it below:
The Sims 4 is set to revolutionize the simulation series by bringing a whole new level of depth and emotion to the game, all while speaking the same old language of Simlish. Rachel Franklin, VP and Executive Producer for The Sims 4, had the following to say at EA’s press conference:
Over 10 years ago, we created a genre, now we’re taking our most revolutionary step forward by focusing on the heart of the franchise, the Sims themselves. The magic of The Sims has always come from the combination of the player’s creativity and the Sim’s free will, and in The Sims 4 we’re taking this further by unlocking ore possibilities and deeper gameplay opportunities. The Sims 4 is the bold leap for the franchise where each Sim now has a rich emotional center that drives meaningful social interactions. Your ability to affect the mind, body and the heart of these new Sims brings your stories to life in a way that is more personal than ever before.
Pre-orders for the upcoming PC title begin today on The Sims 4 website, and while the game has no definitive release date we do know it will be 2014. If you pre-order now you’ll receive the Limited Edition which comes with the Life of the Party Digital Content, potentially saving you a bundle in the near future! Now that you’ve had a chance to see the press release at GamesCom, let’s have a look at that earlier-leaked content!
Game leaks are appearing everywhere, and The Sims 4 is no different. A selection of screenshots and a new bunch of information appeared on the Internet ahead of the official release, and we can show you it all thanks to AllGamesBeta (AGB).
The Sims 4 is the highly anticipated life simulation game that lets you play with life like never before. Create and control new Sims with mind, body, and heart. Build their unique worlds. Direct and explore the stories of your Sims and experience delightful and exciting results
That’s the current description for The Sims 4, which boasts a new experience like nothing the series has previously seen. The game allows you to “create and control the most intelligent and relatable Sims ever with new, intuitive design tools”. As with every Sims game, you’ve still got the massive Sim customization: “Customize yous Sims’ appearances, personalities, aspirations, walk styles, and even their relationships with others”. So what exactly is new about The Sims 4? Have a look at the feature list below:
- New Sims – Create and control more intelligent, more relatable, and emotionally rich Sims.
- Intelligence – Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever before, from multitasking to expressing their emotions by the way they walk. Choose the personality of your Sims, select their aspirations, and explore the depth of their lifelong goals through your Sims’ thoughts, social skills, career, and memories.
- Emotional depth: Sims now feel and express emotions! Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose. Emotions offer you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.
- New Creative tools: Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt your Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode.
- Vibrant Neighborhoods: Chose among brilliant and diverse lots for your Sims to live in. Vivid visuals bring your Sim’s home to life.
- Rich rewards: Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectibles, and unlocking achievements.
- Share your creations: Share your Sims’ households with your friends and the community, and download community creations for a whole new look!
There we have it, hopefully a significant difference between The Sims 3 and The Sims 4! Your Sims are closer to real people than ever before (I can see quite a few real-life friendships and relationships suffering because of this) and, while the game boasts superior intelligence, you can probably guarantee that someone will leave their baby on fire somewhere. And at some point, someone will take the ladder out of the pool just to watch their ‘intelligent’ Sim struggle…
The leaked screens are shown below. Will you be committing your money to buying The Sims 4? A little part of me knows that, at some point, I’ll end up having wasted many hours on this game.