So you want to be a mix engineer. The good news is even the greatest in the field started as beginners. To begin mixing your own music, read this guide. Here, we talk about how to mix music including 7 must-follow tips for beginners. Read more →
Nokia Vs Blackberry, Seeks to Block Sales in US
Nokia is filing a claim against Blackberry over a patent infringement to halt sales in the US. Nokia has asked a San Jose court yesterday to block the sale of Blackberry devices in the United States over what it calls a patent infringement. The patent, which Nokia claims was originally licensed to Blackberry in 2003, does not include the WLAN patents that are being infringed upon.
“[RIM] is not entitled to manufacture or sell products compatible with the WLAN standard without first agreeing with Nokia on the royalty to be paid for its manufacture and/or sale of subscriber terminals compatible with such standards.”
The patents in question are U.S. patents:
- 5,479,476 – user-adjustable modes for phones
- 5,845,219, – call alert during silent mode
- 6,049,796 – real-time search on a personal digital assistant
- 6,055,439 – cellphone user interface
- 6,253,075 – call rejection
- 6,427,078 – small, handheld workstation.
Via – GigaOm