Are you on the fence of buying a surveillance device for your home? Here are the top 5 benefits of investing in home security devices. Read more →
Halo 4’s Lead Antagonist Leaked
The latest trailer for Halo 4 has inadvertently revealed the name of the lead protagonist, Didact, as well as other plot details in a shot which shows a page from the script as spotted by Neogaf via Eurogamer.
Didact is actually a Forerunner, a member of the ancient race responsible for the building of the Halo network in response to the Flood threat. The Covenant believe Didact is a living god and seek to raise him from stasis.
Didact has previously appeared in both the Halo novel Cryptum and in Halo Legends.
- Didact: “Compassion for mankind is misplaced.”
- Chief: “I’m not doing this for mankind.” Chief then charges at Didact.
- Cortana rushes towards Didact and jumps all over him (legs, arms, chest, back).
- Several takes of “Cortana” tackling and climbing on random objects at full speed.
- Didact is attacked by Cortana. He attempts to swat at Cortana as a means of self defence.
- Didact unclenches his fist and drops Chief.
While a section of text from Halo: The Thursday War – another novel with extracts on Amazon – expand upon Didact’s involvement.
- “Don’t you see it? Requiem. That’s where the Didact was hidden. That’s where they say he waits.”
- “He tried to fight the flood. He tried to destroy the humans.”
- “Didact sleeps and must never be woken.”
It has also been revealed that Doctor Halsey will make a return in order to aid Cortana, the AI she created, which has exceeded the life span of a normal AI who can now project herself several times. You can see the freeze-framed shot of the script and the trailer below:
Halo 4 launches worldwide November 6th.