Did you know our US presidents aren't as rich as you would expect? But some played the system and made big bucks. Here are the 3 richest presidents in history. Read more →
How To Play Phantasy Star Online 2 Right Now
Phantasy Star Online 2, the highly anticipated sequel to one of the most beloved Sega games of all time, has launched in Japan. On July 4th, the game went live and there is still no word on localization for the rest of the world. Fret not! There is a way you can play right now. We will help you get set up and share some extremely helpful links that will translate images and get you on your way in PSO2.
Downloading, Installing, and Patching PSO2
- First off, you need to download the official client. To do so, click this link: OFFICIAL CLIENT DOWNLOAD.
- On this page, click the big picture showing the female and male characters. It will initiate the download.
- When you open the downloader, you’ll be greeted with a set up page. At the top you’ll see where the files will download, it is set to be the Desktop by default. At the bottom, click on the big blue button with the box and down arrow on it. The download will commence.
- When the download is complete, a pop up will show with a button that will start the install process. Click that button and choose where you wish to put the folder. By default, it is Program Files (x86).
- When the game is finished downloading, you should open the launcher and begin the patch process. There is a lot to patch and most likely you’ll receive a small, quick patch that is meant for the launcher. Follow the simple button clicks to relaunch the launcher. When you click on the top big button which is meant to start the game, you’ll be greeted with the patch pop up. This can take a while.
- While the patching is going on, you should set up your SEGA ID. If you have already done this, just wait for the patch. If not, click this link: SEGA ID Registration.
Setting up your SEGA ID Account
- When you’ve clicked that link above, you’ll see a page with a yellow section that a field to write in. This is where you put in your e-mail address.
- If the e-mail address is not in use already, you’ll be sent an e-mail with a link you must click to activate your account. Click it in the e-mail.
- Enter your date of birth in the first fields. It goes: YEAR-MONTH-DATE (Example: 1980-06-23 for June 23rd, 1980).
- Enter a SEGA ID. This is the name in which you will be known as. The first character of your ID must be a letter. Also, don’t worry about capital letters, everything is done in lower case here.
- Enter your password. Self-explanatory.
- Choose a secret question and enter your answer.
- Click on Register.
- A page will come up asking you to review your information to ensure it is correct. If it all is, hit Register again.
- Once you are done that, you must register PSO2 to your account. Click on the Register products button, find Phantasy Star Online 2, and register it.
- You’re ready!
There are plenty of places with translated images and guides to help you start in PSO2. There is a lot of information so using these is highly recommended. I have compiled a list of great links to help you out. Enjoy PSO2 to the best you can and let’s hope for a localization announcement!
- Bumped’s Incredibly Helpful List of Guides (best place for PSO2 help)
- Quick Item Database with Translated Stats and Requirements
- DrWhat’s Translation Information
- PSOWorld’s PSO2 Forum (very active)
Bonus: There are big English speaking communities on ships 2 and 10. I have heard that Ship 10, Block 20 is full of English players. Free accounts can only have one character active. If you are looking for an Engligh speaking group, make a character, search a ship, delete if you don’t find anyone and repeat. Also, you can have as many SEGA ID Accounts as you have e-mail addresses.