Want to crush your challenges and kill scores in the games you play every day? Try these dexterity games to improve your speed and coordination. Read more →
You Can Get The Modern Warfare 3 Collection #2 Right Now
As with previous DLC packs for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, Xbox Live gamers will get first dibs on the Modern Warfare 3 Collection #2 pack. This pack includes three sparkly new maps, two new Special-Ops missions, and new Face-Off maps.
Here are descriptions, if you’re into that type of stuff:
- Getaway: This former white-sand vacation spot, boasting exotic aquaria and surfside infinity pools, is now a Face Off map and a haven for ruthless run-and-gun violence.
- Lookout: A perilous warren of chokepoints and tight corridors, the second Face Off map drops your one- or two-man teams into a forward observation base carved into a war-torn mountainside.
- Sanctuary: Destroy the opposition—and the ornate relics of an ancient monastic order—in the towering sandstone cloister of central Greece’s Sanctuary. SMGs, assault rifles and shotguns will make short work of both.
- Foundation: Choose your rules of engagement in this decommissioned cement factory in the heart of South Korea, perfectly constructed for both sniping and run-and-gun combat.
- Oasis: Once a postcard-worthy holiday spot, now a paradise for a different sort of traveler—the ones who’ve traded fanny packs for combat fatigues. Pick your combat lanes carefully atop this ancient stone fortress turned five star resort.
- Kill Switch: Armed with an EMP, you and a squad mate must neutralize a Russian carrier deep within enemy territory. This Special Ops Mission tasks one team member on the ground, fighting through hostiles on your way to the detonation site, while the other must maintain vital cover from behind a sniper scope.
- Iron Clad: For the first time, take the wheel of an Abrams-class tank with full escort. Breach and clear and exfiltrate from behind enemy lines in Hamburg in this all-new Special Ops mission.
Activision brought in Brandon Jennings of the Milwaukee Bucks and Gordon Hayward of the Utah Jazz in honor of the second Collection pack. Totally ignoring other sports, Activision has them facing off against one another, with both players captaining teams composed of development team members and “online personalities” (whatever that means). The winner will be able to go back home with bragging rights, though let’s face it, both players are getting paid to do this, so both are winners.
You can check out the Modern Warfare 3 Facebook page to catch the latest updates. The second Collection pack is free for all Call of Duty Elite subscribers, but for non-Elite members who are subscribed to Xbox Live Gold, it will run them 1200 Microsoft points.