Who doesn't want a man cave? A place you can retreat to and call your own. Keep reading to discover the top ten must have man cave accessories you need to own. Read more →
ELECTION DAY EXTRAVAGANZA! Halo 4 Vs The Next Call of Duty
Halo 4 is coming November 6th, 2012. Great news for Halo fans, but a HUGE power play on the part of Microsoft. Not only is it Election Day in the U.S., but early November has been the launching grounds of another juggernaut shooter franchise: Call of Duty. Microsoft is posturing to take on Activision’s giant shooter franchise head-on. Will the pioneer of modern shooters be able to challenge the highest-selling shooter there is? Who will emerge victorious after this Election Day Extravaganza? Let’s compare the two franchises:
– Two main developers: Bungie (2001-2010) and 343 Industries (2011-present)
– Metacritic ratings of main games: Halo 1 (97), Halo 2 (95), Halo 3 (94)
– Over 40 million copies of franchise entries sold worldwide.
– Halo merchandise has sold over $3 billion
– Highest one-day sales: Halo Reach with $200 million
– Newest game is the first in a brand new trilogy featuring Master Chief, the main hero of the franchise since the first game back on November 15th, 2001
CALL OF DUTY
– Two main developers: Infinity Ward and Treyarch
– Metacritic ratings of main games: Call of Duty (91), Call of Duty 2 (89), Call of Duty 3 (82), Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (94), Call of Duty: World at War (85), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (94), Call of Duty: Black Ops (88), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (88)
– 55 million copies of franchise entries sold worldwide, $3 billion in revenue
– Highest one-day sales: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 with $400 million
-Newest game is rumored to be Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, a follow-up to 2010’s Call of Duty: Black Ops. No actual information is available at this time.
Now, it’s hard to predict what game will win when we only know details on one of them, but it’s still a thought-provoking scenario. Call of Duty smashes all of Halo’s sales numbers, but Halo has the higher average Metacritic score. Once Activision officially reveals their next Call of Duty game, and the release dates are both set, the games will begin.
What side of the fence are you on? Are you a Spartan, or do you prefer to hear the Call of Duty? We’ll see once the games release in November, but for now let us know in the comments.