Destiny has helped PlayStation 4 outsell Xbox One 2:1 in the UK this week.
Sony’s Xperia Z1 Available for Pre-order
I do love me some seriously attractive-looking technology, so imagine my reaction when I first caught sight of Sony’s new Xperia Z1 – one of jaw-dropping excitement and wanting.
The Xperia Z1 was brought to my attention via an ad on YouTube, where I pretty much instantly fell in love with it. The device is smooth, thick, glossy – it’s a flattened brick of a phone, which is just how I like it. Even the friends I showed it to gushed about it.
Even though I first found it yesterday an official press release was given out by Sony on September 4. A quick read-through of the release states that the Xperia Z1 is Sony’s best in one smartphone, and boasts the world’s leading smartphone camera, with a large 20.7 MP G Lens; built-in AR, integrated livestreaming and a quick-burst camera shoot function; a hefty processor – the Quad-core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 – accompanied by the Adreno 330 GPU; 2Gigs of RAM; and various other applications to supposedly enhance the user experience. It’s even water resistant, too!
I’ll include a rundown of the press release specifications at the end of this article, along with the YouTube video I saw. Before that, however, let’s move on to one other thing: the price.
Going by the Xperia Z1′s pre-order page via the official information page over at SonyMobile.com, the pre-order price for a SIM-free device is £599, or $945.64 (according to Google’s currency converter). The site is also generous enough to include various choices on which operators for you to choose from, such as O2, T-Mobile and Vodafone to name a few, that come with their own respective contracts, perks and monthly prices for the Xperia Z1 for those unwilling to put down so much money at one time.
I’ve tried looking for the Xperia Z1 on the US localisation of the site, but I couldn’t find any to possibly give a more accurate price tag in US Dollars. The press release did state that the Xperia Z1 will be distributed globally this month, though an exact date hasn’t yet been officially disclosed. According to one source, however, the Xperia Z1 will start hitting the shelves on September 16, but I would advise taking that with a grain of salt.
For those who would like further in-depth information on the Xperia Z1 you can head on over to the device’s overview page, where there is a multitude of information waiting to be read. In the meantime here’s the press release specifications of the Xperia Z1 and the YouTube video I promised earlier:
- Sony’s G Lens: A lens with F2.0 and wide angle 27mm as well as 3x clear image zoom.
- BIONZ for mobile: Image processing engine with the algorithm from Sony’s leading digital compact cameras. It ensures pictures have less noise, fast auto-focus as well as high stable images for video shooting, preventing shots from being blurred.
- 1/2.3-type Exmor RS for mobile CMOS image sensor with 20.7MP: high sensitivity sensor capturing huge amounts of detail for sharp, crisp images, even in low-light conditions
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP58), with acclaimed OmniBalance design featuring durable tempered glass and solid one-piece aluminium frame
- Qualcomm Snapdragon™800 quad-core 2.2 Ghz processor, 3000 mAh battery, 4G LTE
- Xperia Camera Applications such as Social live which broadcast to Facebook. More applications will be available to download from Sony Select.
- Memory – RAM 2 GB, Flash memory up to 16 GB, Expansion slot microSD™ card, up to 64 GB.
- Available in black, white and purple colour variants
What do you think of the Xperia Z1? Let us know in the comments!