A recent listing points to a re-release of one of our favorite Grand Theft Autos: San Andreas.
Rumour Patrol: Nintendo reUmagined To Be a Line of Remastered N64 Titles
You read correctly, there’s a rumour going around that Nintendo is going to have a line of remastered Nintendo 64 titles come out for the Wii U going by the name of ReUmagined.
It sounds a bit silly, but it can be a great way for Nintendo to get some of that market share back in their favour.
The ReUmagined premise is based around giving gamers their fill while they wait for the killer first-party stuff from Nintendo (AKA Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Donkey Kong etc.). This is likely due to the fact that Nintendo is having a hard time relying on third-party devs for their support. It’s just meant to tide people over and give Nintendo the chance to make some great new games for everyone to enjoy.
Among some of the rumoured games, Super Mario 64 comes up, which will include a graphical enhancement (see: Wind Waker HD) with several other new features.
Gamnesia has an easy-to-read list of what’s rumoured for these ReUmagined games:
- The short development time allows these “big classic” titles to fill the gap in between Nintendo’s original Wii U software.
- Less to fund and fewer people involved means more resources to original titles in development.
- eShop only for $30 per title reduces risk at retail.
- Wind Waker approach taken in terms of visual upgrades, but “reUmagined” titles will benefit from added content.
- The classic Super Mario 64 in its entirety is being repainted and brought into HD.
- Two players can control Mario and Luigi, simultaneously.
- Option A gives player one GamePad control, and player two any other controller option. The camera will follow the brothers as they move throughout the stage, but should they split apart too far, the GamePad user’s Lakitu (camera operator) will only follow that user on the controller’s screen, while the second player’s Lakitu will follow that character on the TV.
- Option B allows two GamePads to be used at once. If the brothers are nearby, the camera will remain the same on both GamePads and TV. If the brothers separate, each player will have his or her own unique camera view on their GamePad, until coming back together. While apart, however, the TV screen can be switched to be mimicking either player one or player two or be a top down perspective map.
- Online cooperative/counter-cooperative gameplay is present.
- Race to Star, Coin Collector, and other similar modes have been added in to enhance re-playability.
This rumour comes from a source at Paul Gale Network, which was previously correct about the new 3D Mario game’s development 5 months in advance. PGN also has a list of the other rumoured titles, but are waiting to get some form of confirmation before releasing said information. Go ahead and take a guess at the titles below.
- Super Mario 64
- ***** ***** **
- **** **** **
- **** *** **
- ********** **
- ******* ****
- **** ************
Do you think this would be a smart idea for Nintendo, if so, what other games would you like to see ReUmagined for the Wii U? I’m still hoping for Majora’s Mask…
- ******* ****
- Majoras Mask… ?