In response to a few recent games that appear to be lacking in the criteria. This is a short list and thoughts on some stand out game mechanics that developers seem to be ignoring and need to build upon.
Dead Island Riptide’s Achievement List Has Been Leaked
Even though a little over a week is left before its release, you can get an early glimpse of Dead Island Riptide’s achievements right now. Aside from the ones shown below, there are thirteen secret achievements.
- Mystery solved (15 points) – Find all the secret files
- Obtain level 50 (30 points) – Obtain level 50
- Obtain level 70 (90 points) – Obtain level 70
- Siege Hammer (15 points) – Install a total of 5 barricades during hub defense
- Dream Team (15 points) – Complete all the main quests cooperatively with any number of partners
- The Collector (15 points) – Find 50% of collectibles
- The Hoarder (30 points) – Find all collectibles
- Professional Tourist (30 points) – Find all pages from the guide book
- Twins (30 points) – Kill the Twins
- News junkie (30 points) – Find all the volunteer’s voice recordings
- At Your Service (15 points) – Rescue 20 NPCs that have been grabbed by monsters
- The Hurt Mine Locker (15 points) – Kill 10 monsters with one mine
- BrainLess (15 points) – Kill 50 monsters by smashing, decapitating or shooting them in the head
- Hurler (15 points) – Kill 100 monsters with thrown melee weapons
- Bully (15 points) – Kill 100 monsters with a kick
- Jetboat (90 points) – Kill 100 monsters using the boat’s speed boost
- Juggernaut (15 points) – Kill 100 enemies using charge attacks
- Better than the arm (30 points) – Kill 25 monsters with a chainsaw
- It’s an Order (15 points) – Mark 100 opponents which were then killed by your co-op partners
- King among Kings (30 points) – Kill special enemies: Grenadier, Thug, Wrestler, Infected, Suicider, Screamer, Butcher, Floater.
- Hunter-Seeker (90 points) – Find and kill all named champion monsters located in dead zones