In response to a few recent games that appear to be lacking in the criteria. This is a short list and thoughts on some stand out game mechanics that developers seem to be ignoring and need to build upon.
Retailer-specific pre-order goodies for Halo 4 ousted
Did you pre-order your copy of Halo 4 yet? If you are one of many who replied yes, then you might want to check what goodie you’ll be getting with that pre-order. As is becoming a fad nowadays with pre-ordering video games, depending on which retailer you pre-order your copy of Halo 4 from, you’ll be getting a specific pre-order bonus. Here is the list:
- GAME: Downloadable Blue Circuit Armour Skin, Arctic Weapon Skin and 6 specialisations
- HMV: Downloadable Locus Helmet, Purple Spartan Warrior Armour and Xbox LIVE Unicom Avatar Armour (if ordered in-store)
- Tesco: Halo 4 T-shirt and Downloadable Black Raptor Armour Skin
- Amazon: Downloadable Gold Web Armour Skin, Bulletproof Emblem and Spartan Emblem
- Blockbuster: Downloadable Xbox LIVE Spartan Warrior Avatar
- Play: Downloadable Deadeye Helmet
- Shop2net: Downloadable Assassin Emblem
- Grainger Games: Downloadable Red Pulse Armour Skin
- GameStop: Forest armor skin with customizable colors
Of particular interest is the fact that people might actually go to Blockbuster to pre-order Halo 4. Huh.