Battlefield 1 truly feels like a breath of fresh air to a gaming community that hasn't seen any creative change in a long time.
PlayStation 4 Outsells Xbox One In April
According to The NPD Group, Sony’s PlayStation 4 remains the highest selling console, outselling Microsoft’s Xbox One in April in the U.S. This marks the fourth consecutive month that Sony’s console has bested its competition. But Microsoft does have its console exclusive, Titanfall, sitting at number one in software sales for the second month in a row.
Console hardware sales are up 120 percent year-over-year, with the launch of both next-gen systems undoubtedly directly contributing to the healthy increase. Also, interestingly, Xbox One and PS4 are outselling their predecessors, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, during their respective first six months on the market.
As for software sales The NPD Group states, “New physical software is in a transition period as software for new consoles are doing well, but collectively not offsetting declines, leading to a 10 percent decline in software sales… PS4 software combined with Xbox One software sales are up over 40 percent compared to sales of the PS3 and Xbox 360 through their first six months. Wii U software sales were up over last year by over 80 percent.”
Here’s the full top 10 list for the month of April, in order from greatest to least.
- 1.) Titanfall (360, XBO, PC)
- 2.) Call of Duty: Ghosts (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, NWU, PC)
- 3.) NBA 2K14 (360, PS4, PS3, XBO, PC)
- 4.) Minecraft (360)
- 5.) LEGO The Hobbit (360, PS3, XBO, PS4, 3DS, NWU, PSV)
- 6.) The LEGO Movie Videogame (360, 3DS, PS3, NWU, XBO, PS4, PSV)
- 7.) LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, PS4, NWU, XBO, PSV, PC)
- 8.) The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4, 360, PS3, NWU, 3DS)
- 9.) Grand Theft Auto V (360, PS3)
- 10.) Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (360, PS3, PS4, XBO, NWU, PC)